Sunday, September 11, 2011

I can't believe it's been 10 years!

I can't believe it's been 10 years since 9/11 happened!


I feel like it just happened! I remember hearing on the news that everyone will remember that day and what they were doing.


it's true! I was in 6th grade in Miss Schwarting's 6th grade class and they came in and told us after PE! I remember going home after school and everyone in my family was sitting in our living room watching the news. We all sat there for a couple hours just watching!


When Stefan graduated from high school we went to New York City with his family for vacation! We didn't really get to see ground zero because they told us it was just a construction site and nothing really to see! They were right, there was nothing there!


We went by a couple of the hospitals and they had memorials for all the victims of 9/11, but that's all we really got to see! There has been so many documentaries on TV this past week leading up to the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 and it's so sad to hear the families tell their story! I can't imagine going through something like that!


I will be thinking of all the families who lost someone in the 9/11 attacks 10 years ago!

1 comment:

H. Schwarting said...

Kelsey, I remember that day, too. Although I don't remember exactly how I told you all, I remember having the feeling like it was a life-changing day for the world! We couldn't get any local channels in on the school TV, but Yahoo was around and that's how I got the updates throughout the day. I will never forget your class because you were my first sixth graders and we experienced that day together! Ten years...where has the time gone? Take care! I enjoy your blog so much! Miss S.