Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The past few days

I just want to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers, hugs, the food, the sweet comments on facebook and our blog, and more. It means the world to my family and I. My Grandpa really knew everyone and I don't know how many times I was told at his visitation how lucky us kids are and we are! I feel SO lucky to have Grandparents like my Grandma and Grandpa. Some people don't get a chance to get to know their Grandparents or see them very often. My Grandpa meant so much to all of us and it's been really hard on us. I found this picture on my camera from when he was here all weekend. This is one of the reasons why I love taking pictures so much! I use to always carry my camera around and want to take pictures of everything and then I got made fun of for it or nobody would let me take pictures so I stopped carrying it around, but when things like this happen you really want to have pictures to look back on. This was the last picture taken of my Grandpa.


We have spent the past 6 days at my Grandma's! She has gotten so much food that we are tired of eating it, especially the ham, that's all we have eaten are ham sandwiches. Then after his funeral yesterday when we went back to the church for lunch they were serving ham sandwiches, it made all of us laugh including Grandma. One morning we went through a bunch of pictures to display at his funeral and visitation. We had so much fun reminising over pictures and laughing at the pictures when we were younger and we look ridiculous. Matt decided to take pictures of the pictures and put them on facebook. It was embarrassing, but funny!

Me and my 2 cousins, Matt and Karri
 My Cousin Eric

Erin and her mouth guard!

and Lindsay

Saturday morning Me, Lindsay, Erin, Lindsey G, Lisa, and Abbey all went shopping to find something to wear to his visitation and funeral. I hate shopping for dress up clothes. I always stress out about it stuff like that and it didn't help that we were shopping for something to wear to my Grandpa's funeral. I hated it, but us girls had a fun time! I don't know how many times I heard one of us say they are so happy we have such a big family, it makes everything so much easier and better. I mean what family goes to their Dad/Grandpa's visitation and funeral and comes home eats and is laughing and having a good time playing bags the rest of the night?


 That's just how we are! We always have fun when we get together like this and I know it makes it easier for my Grandma too. She calls us a circus, but I know she enjoys us being there for her to take her mind off of Grandpa.

No comments: